Friday, March 20, 2015

The Road Before Us

This morning as I drove into the morning sun, I watched as it rose, it changed and moved my view along with the movement of my vehicle which carries me down the road to work.  Some days I yearn to just stop, get out and wander, not arriving as I should – but my reality doesn’t have me tarrying this Friday. 
My commute time is my time alone – 40 minutes of the day to myself in my own space – allowing my brain to wander, to stress, to plan, to absorb what is to be and what has been.  I take joy in my views some days, while other days I lament the time to hasten to get on with what needs to be done. 
This morning’s light frost and fading fog with the rising sun was beautiful.  With only my cell phone, I reached for it yearning my “real” camera.  The cell phone doesn’t do it justice, but captured well despite itself.
New roads by God’s changing hands on the same roads I travel everyday – he paints them for me daily.  27 years of the same drive – it can still take my heart and move it.  There is always change despite always being the same.
As we age – we have new roads as well by God’s changing hand on our same roads of life.  My mother-in-law a fiercely strong, faithful, independent women who 5 years ago beat breast cancer, has a return of cancer in the form of lung cancer.  A new road on her same road to journey.  We all want to help – she has 7 children who love her deeply.  We live the closest.  She has been a giver to us all these years, meals, quilts, books, time, support – you name it – she has been there.  Now, on this same road, we ask and beg for her to allow US to give back in new ways.  It will be a journey.  While the first treatment wasn’t effective, bless her – she wants chemo.  She is small, frail in body – but bold in spirit. 
If you are reading this and you are a praying person – please lift her up as we journey through this fog of cancer.  I believe in the power of prayer….I also know God calls us all home when our work on earth is done.  Praying through this journey for his wisdom and guidance that we as a family honor her and come to her aid in the ways we can – each with gifts different from the other, but each with a heart of love and support for a lady large in spirit. 

Mathew 7:14  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

No comments:

Popular Posts